I’m so excited to be a part of the Stitchwerx Designs Ainsley & Aiden Baby Suite I Pattern Release & Giveaway Blog Tour! There are a few things I consider when reviewing a pattern. First, I won’t review something I plan to design in the future. Second, I love reviewing items that I never would have dreamed up. And Third, it has to tickle my fancy. I will never make a baby suite of patterns like this. So if you ever want one, you better get these! These are completely adorable and have a permanent residence in my library of patterns. 🙂 I had a blast sewing these up for my chunky monkey!
I picked fabric that I was drawn to. I’m trying to go out of my comfort zone…so I’m picking colors and combos I wouldn’t have picked months ago. I absolutely love how these turned out! My chunky little 4 month old fits a 6 month size. I’m so glad she just had a doctor appointment because I used her height and weight measurements when I was picking her size for this. They even measured her head for me! I checked the size chart for her chest measurement and she was right in line with the 6 month size. She’s in the 80% percentile for height and weight…big baby.
My happy little baby was babbling away in her new outfit. She made it a little hard to take pictures. 😉 Here’s my version of the Bitty Beedle Bodysuit with short sleeves. It’s so adorable, but took forever (2-3 hours) to make because I had a splitting migraine. I bet it will be a lot faster next time. 😉 Cutie-kins loves her new bodysuit. Of course she needed comfy caterpillar easy knit pants to go with it! These were ridiculously easy. I LOVE them. She’s going to have a whole closet full of them. Three pieces to sew together. No elastic. So fast and simple!! I’m pretty sure anyone could learn how to sew knits with this pattern. And then Little Miss needed a matching tiddly wink topper to go with her new outfit. I made it 6-12 month so it will fit her longer and my kids seem to have big craniums…you know, because we have big brains or something. Hah. She just babbled away and enjoyed her new clothes. 🙂 This is a perfect pattern set to keep in your personal library for baby showers, your little grandbabies, nieces & nephews, and your own babies. And yes, I know I have some sister-in-laws reading this…I’m just looking for a cute print to sew it up in. 😉 Oh, I forgot to mention. It comes in Preemie to 12 month sizes! Which is very awesome because my first daughter came out really little, so this totally would have fit her.
Raise your hand if you love these patterns!Almost ready to win yourself a set of these fun patterns? Hold up…
Here’s the nitty gritty:
The Ainsley & Aiden Baby Suite I is a set of four patterns in sizes Preemie-12M. The Suite releases on Wednesday, June 11 with a Special Bundle Sale Price of $18.75 (a $25 value sold separately). Sale price runs through Friday June 20, (midnight, EDT). After the sale, all patterns will be available for purchase individually and as a bundle in the Stitchwerx Designs Etsy Shop. Patterns included in this set:
- Bitty Beetle Bodysuit, Tee & Gown: The Stitchwerx Designs S115 Bitty Beetle Bodysuit, Tee & Gown pattern is an Intermediate level pattern designed to work well with 2-way or 4-way stretch knit fabrics. Features include a lap shoulder neckline with contrast binding for easy on and off dressing. Make a snap-crotch bodysuit, tee or gown with your choice of short, long or extra-long mitten sleeves.
- Comfy Caterpillar Easy Knit Pants: The Stitchwerx Designs S117 Comfy Caterpillar pants is a Confident Beginner level pattern designed to be sewn with 2 way or 4 way stretch knits. There are two style options to make hemmed or cuffed pants. These are so simple to make (only 1 paper pattern piece). Cutting Chart is included for contrasting waistband and cuffs. No elastic needed!
- Roly Poly Lined Pants: The Stitchwerx Designs S118 Roly Poly Pants pattern is an Intermediate level pattern. Roly Poly Pants are lined with plenty of ease in the waist and hips. There is extra length so they can be cuffed to show off the contrast lining. This will give you extended wear as you can unroll the cuff as your baby grows. Contrasting rectangular front and rear chevron pockets are cute coordinating accents with the rolled cuffs. These pants can be sewn from woven fabrics, knit fabrics, or a combination of both.
- Tiddly Wink Toppers: The Stitchwerx Designs S120 Tiddly Wink Toppers is a Beginner level pattern designed to be sewn with 2 way or 4 way stretch knits. There are two style options to make a Round Slouchy Beanie or a Square Beanie. These beanies are such a quick sew, you will want to make several for your little one! The Bitty Beetle, Comfy Caterpillar & Tiddly Wink Toppers patterns all include a special bonus section with tips for sewing knits without a serger. The Bitty Beetle and Comfy Caterpillar patterns also have a bonus “Faux Coverstitch Quick Tutorial”.
You do not need a serger to sew any of the garments included in this suite of patterns. Ready to win your own copies?! Here we go! Prize Package & Giveaway Rules Prize Package:
- 4 patterns of your choice from Stitchwerx Designs
- Set of 4 Custom 8 x 10″ Art Prints from Artful Life Designs
- $25 Gift Card from the Fabric Store of Your Choice
- Set of 100 Custom Mommy/Playdate Cards from Artful Life Designs
The Contest Rules: You must be 18 to enter. You can gain entries by entering the Rafflecopter Prompts. Giveaway end: 6/20/14 at midnight EDT. One winner will be chosen and announced on 6/21/14. Stitchwerx Designs Etsy Shop Stitchwerx Designs Special Limited Time Pattern Bundle Stitchwerx Designs Facebook Page Artful Life Designs Etsy Shop Artful Life Designs Facebook Page a Rafflecopter giveaway
Go check out the other awesome bloggers and their creations from this pattern suite! Wednesday June 11-
Thursday, June 12
Friday, June 13
Monday, June 16
Tuesday June 17
**I was given these patterns as compensation for reviewing them. But they are completely awesome and I would have jumped at the chance to add them to my library anyways. A huge thanks to KIM for designing wonderful baby patterns in such a wide range of sizes. You rock!
**I purchased the fabric from JoAnn fabrics and the snaps are from Babyville Boutique (in JoAnn stores).
2 thoughts on “Stitchwerx Designs Ainsley & Aiden Baby Suite”
Rachel, thanks so much for reviewing my Baby Suite I patterns! I love all your creations and your adorable model!
Thanks Kim! I LOVE these patterns! I forgot to mention how well written they are, with excellent directions to follow along. Very impressed with your patterns. 🙂